Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Black keys new album, ' Brothers ', is a more professional look, but it still Rocks

Full disclosure. I Love Black Keys. From their first seven albums cemented their "to do anything wrong" (except in cases where cooperation with rap and hip hop artists-Blackroc never took place), the seal with me. There are few bands that make it at this level with me: the Velvet Underground, Nirvana, The Pixies, Heartless Bastards, the Beastie Boys, so coming into this review of their latest album, brothers, please understand I have baked in bias. I expect it is sweet.

After the first listen it looks like the boys learned some things from their collaboration with Danger Mouse, input the last attack and release and perhaps even from rubbing elbows with geniuszy such as Raekwon, RZA, and q-tip terrible album Blackroc. The sound is rich. Is full. And completely in soul. It is not stripped raw Rock Duo win jewels Fat Possum, and I'm cool with it.

The brothers opened the Everlasting light, and I have to you something here. I Love Marc Bolan. Dude did it right. I hold great respect for the T-Rex's electric Warrior, so when Dan Auerbach and Patrick Carney right to step in with a tribute to the Mambo Sun, I'm sold again. I'm paying the price sticker twice because it is, as far as hittin' home page. Mr. Auerbach pipes are in the form of a thin, guitar and drums, and now perfect vocals of slides in.

The table is set for a portion of the Show, one piece, "single" album: "Next Girl. "Oh my girl the next will be nothing like My ex-girlfriend ...Generated in those mistakes, you'll never do it again. Oh my girl the next will be nothing like My ex girlfriend ... was painful but I got a second chance to dance. "

I'm not one to parse the sentence, but the wicked are writing there, raising power to break up the core, the tenuous relationship and love hurtful. God is a good song.

The Album starts really wash over me. Tighten up is by Whistling. Patrick is pummeling me Howlin' For You.

Only one washes where me away in a cool still waters ... are beautiful. Ten Cent Pistol originated such as Primal Scream, and then simply kills him with a fantastic story of murder, said above the other mass-produced lush sound. This may be the best song on the album loaded.

Gotta love the line in The Getter Go, "Hold and not let go, pretty girls help Soften the blow." Hasil Adkins unknown brother recalls and Bill Withers cooperation: dirty guitar on soulful bed feather. Never Gonna Give You Up "is a cover of Jerry Butler, and The Keys nicely to do it. Do not confuse this jewel of R&B, rick Rick Astley, rolled meme. This is why I love The Black Keys. They include songs about school and do it right, preserving the original soul and charm, but adding a twist, suggesting that the future may be just okay.

Studio albums released by The Black Keys:

Big comes in (2002)

Thickfreakness (2003)

Moan-EP (2004)

Rubber factory (2004)

Chulahoma (2006)

Magic Potion (2006)

Attack and Release (2008)

Brothers (2009)

Addison Booker music, occasionally by listening to him and butters his bread with the Funny t-shirt reviews, including from Snorg Tees.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment